Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We started the 4th with a Ward pancake breakfast at the church. The Bishopric cooked breakfast.


The scouts retired an old flag.

I AM THE FLAG
by Lawrence M. Jones


I am a composite being of all the people of America.
I am the union if you are united.
I am one and indivisible if you are undivided.
I am as strong as the weakest link.
I am an emblem of your country.
I am a symbol of the shadow of the real.
I am a sign pointing to past achievments.
I am a promise of greater things for the future.
I am what you make me.
I am purity if you are pure.
I am bravery if you are brave.
I am loyalty if you are loyal.
I am honor if you are honorable.
I am goodness if you are good.
I am hope if you are hopeful.
I am truth if you are true.
I am the Constitution.
I am law and order.
I am tolerance or intolerance as you force me to be.
I am liberty as you understand liberty.
I am as a pillar of fire by night,
but you must provide the fuel.
I march at the head of the column,
but you must carry me on.
I stand for greater and more glorious
achievement than can be found in recorded
history, but you must be my inspiration.
I AM THE FLAG.







After the big fireworks show at Perrins Field in Deer Park we came home and Eric and Randy put on a show for us - and the neighbors. Everyone was having great fun celebrating the 4th.






No comments: